Monday 15 September 2014

If I could live anywhere, where would I live?Why?

       I would never want to live in one place forever. Why? Well, if you think of the world as one gigantic book, all the countries would be the pages. If you stay in one place, you have only read one page of the book. No page is the same as the other. Every country has different customs, different religions, different food, and a different way of life. I want to see everything. But if I had to choose one country, I would choose New Zealand. 
      New Zealand is actually made up of two islands that are called the North Island and the South Island. There is about twenty two kilometers of water between the two Islands, therefore if you look on a world map, it looks as if it was a single large island. The North Island is much warmer than the South Island because New Zealand is in the tropic of Capricorn whereas if it were in the northern hemisphere, it would get colder the more north you travel. (Wouldn't it be cool to have Christmas during the summer?)  In addition, I would like to live in New Zealand because once you take a ferry ride to the other island, the climate completely changes. One Island is tropical while the other has mountain and valleys. I can ski on one side of the country and bathe in the other.The main reason why I would like to live in New Zealand is because there is a lot more natural life. Here in Toronto, there aren't many trees or forests that are undiscovered. New Zealand has biodiversity unlike anywhere else in the world.  Kiwis, seals and orcas. They can all be found in New Zealand.
       It's amazing what one country has to offer. Even though it sounds great on paper, I don't think that I would be truly happy. Everybody wants what they can't have. If I have fun skiing and bathing, maybe I'll miss the city life? Maybe I'll want something more next. That's the thing about humans, they'll  never be satisfied. 
      In the end, we should just be happy with our lives.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your response Olga. Your introductory paragraph was very strong, but it needs to include the sub-topics you wish to discuss so that the audience knows what you are going to be talking about.
    You only had one body paragraph but there were a few different ideas in that paragraph. Each idea should have it's own paragraph that way you can really focus on one idea at a time.

    15/20

    ReplyDelete